Skip to main content

The Kaleidoscope Quilt Show

I had a great time at the quilt show this was the first time ever going to this particular show and it was fantastic. So many wonderful quilts on display the whole experience was so inspiring. The vender booths were marvelous I walked away with lots of goodies that day! My favorite sewing machine store had a booth there and had the Janome Horizon set up. I got to take another look at it and play around with it for awhile ( I really want this machine) they had a special "quilt show price" so I left the show pondering the idea of getting this machine. I don't know about anyone else out there, but I get so excited and inspired when I see art that others have created that it makes me want to rush to the studio and get busy. I was on a "quilt high" for the rest of the day. Below are some beautiful quilts that were on display that caught my eye and I snapped pictures of them. I realize now it would have been a good idea to also snap a picture of the card that contains all of the quilt information on it. Credit goes out to all of the talented artists that made these spectacular quilts...you know you YOU are. I just don't :(


I love how all the greens come together on this quilt and how your eye goes right to the red focal point.

 


Bright colors always catch my attention this quilt is a beauty.

Another bright quilt. I love the uneven blocks. It reminds me of an apartment building in the city.

This was absolutely stunning. I would like to try something like this in the near future. It looks complicated but I am thinking that it was mostly paper pieced. I could be wrong though. Anyone have any thoughts out there about this?

The detail on this quilt was amazing. I wish my applique skills were as fine tuned as the artist that made this.


I loved this art quilt. The artist said that it was inspired from a picture she took of her husband while he was making a face at her.


You can't tell from the photo but some of the stitching on this quilt was done in a gold shimmery thread it was absolutely beautiful.

Another colorful art quilt. I found the design and layout to be quite interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Diggity Dog I Took The Plunge!!

I ordered this TODAY!  The machine not the dog, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it came with it! I just decided to DO IT and I am so excited about getting The Horizon into my studio. The store was out of stock so it had to be ordered but hopefully I will have it  by the end of this week! I think a studio make over is in order before it's arrival.

Quick Trip To The Sewing Store

I have been trying my hardest to avoid the sewing machine store because I just know that I will want the Janome Horizon 7700. Well I went to a jewelry store that was having a pandora event (why doesn't Pandora have a sewing machine or spool of thread or more artsy charms?) and what do you know....the store was in the complex that is home to my favorite sewing machine shop. I HAD to stop...I HAD TO. I walked in an my eyes were immediately drawn to the beauty of the red Horizon. I was hoping that the demonstration would not be as good as it was, I know that sounds terrible, I didn't want to WANT this machine. However I do want it. The only thing that probably saved me from taking it home was when I walked into the shop there were only 20 minuets left till closing time. The machine is $3000.00 which to me is "steep" however, if I traded my beloved 4800qc in it would bring it down to $2199.00 plus tax of course. I have been thinking about this for several days. Thinking a