Skip to main content

First Thursday: Block of the month 2


Sand & Sea

Evening Mist
Last night in the studio we completed the second block in our Quilt of the Month Club. This block was a little bit of trouble for me. First off I cut my fabric WRONG so where it is dark paisley, it should be the solid tan print and vice versa. I am not the type of person to run back to the quilt store and purchase more fabric to do it right. Is there really a right and a wrong way? I am sure if I had cut the fabric correctly the block would have been prettier. It is not an attractive block, color wise I mean. I think all of the mismatched points add charm, plus I didn't want to rip out, if I can get away without doing that I will. I am not a perfectionist by any means. My eyes and mind find beauty in the "not so perfect".

My daughter on the other hand HAD to rip out one of her units was about half and inch off, the easiest save was just to pick up that seam ripper and rip away! I told her it was excellent experience, nobody likes it but you do learn by having to do it. Overall the blocks came together with minimal problems. I would liked for them to have had more color than what they did, but who knows what next month's will bring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Diggity Dog I Took The Plunge!!

I ordered this TODAY!  The machine not the dog, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it came with it! I just decided to DO IT and I am so excited about getting The Horizon into my studio. The store was out of stock so it had to be ordered but hopefully I will have it  by the end of this week! I think a studio make over is in order before it's arrival.

Quick Trip To The Sewing Store

I have been trying my hardest to avoid the sewing machine store because I just know that I will want the Janome Horizon 7700. Well I went to a jewelry store that was having a pandora event (why doesn't Pandora have a sewing machine or spool of thread or more artsy charms?) and what do you know....the store was in the complex that is home to my favorite sewing machine shop. I HAD to stop...I HAD TO. I walked in an my eyes were immediately drawn to the beauty of the red Horizon. I was hoping that the demonstration would not be as good as it was, I know that sounds terrible, I didn't want to WANT this machine. However I do want it. The only thing that probably saved me from taking it home was when I walked into the shop there were only 20 minuets left till closing time. The machine is $3000.00 which to me is "steep" however, if I traded my beloved 4800qc in it would bring it down to $2199.00 plus tax of course. I have been thinking about this for several days. Thinking a