Skip to main content

Thread Talk

Let's talk a little bit about thread. I have never used cheap thread in my machine because of all the horror stories I have heard, they literally scared me into digging a little deeper in my pocket. Now I am not saying that I never fell for the Joanne fabric "so many spools for a buck or two offer" but I would never put that in my machine. Used it for securing buttons, bunny whiskers etc.......I am not claiming to be a thread expert but I have had great results with Coats and Clark Star cotton thread. I use this to piece my quilts, sew handbags and totes. I have since come across a thread that is similar and I am loving it even more, the price is cheaper and the quality to me is good, though remember I am not an expert. I am sure there is probably a whole other world out there of thread I do not know about. Anyways....http://www.connectingthreads.com/ is a wonderful site to buy supplies, this is where I came across this thread. It is called Essential PRO you can buy it in sets or individual spools, if memory serves me correct the spools run around $2.49 each, the sets are a little cheaper per spool if you buy them. Now for my embroidery machine I have been using Isacord, Maderia and Janome brand thread. I will also use this thread to embellish sewing projects. Another thread of excellent quality is Robison Anton thread (how could I forget to mention this!) When I bought my sewing machine the promotion for buying the machine was a set of this thread, imagine how excited I was! I would love to hear what everyone else out there is using in their machines so please feel free to comment :)

Comments

  1. When I was eeking out a living in a theatre costume shop, we doubled the thread for EVERYTHING. I did not realize there was such a difference in quality. I guess that makes sense though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Diggity Dog I Took The Plunge!!

I ordered this TODAY!  The machine not the dog, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it came with it! I just decided to DO IT and I am so excited about getting The Horizon into my studio. The store was out of stock so it had to be ordered but hopefully I will have it  by the end of this week! I think a studio make over is in order before it's arrival.

Quick Trip To The Sewing Store

I have been trying my hardest to avoid the sewing machine store because I just know that I will want the Janome Horizon 7700. Well I went to a jewelry store that was having a pandora event (why doesn't Pandora have a sewing machine or spool of thread or more artsy charms?) and what do you know....the store was in the complex that is home to my favorite sewing machine shop. I HAD to stop...I HAD TO. I walked in an my eyes were immediately drawn to the beauty of the red Horizon. I was hoping that the demonstration would not be as good as it was, I know that sounds terrible, I didn't want to WANT this machine. However I do want it. The only thing that probably saved me from taking it home was when I walked into the shop there were only 20 minuets left till closing time. The machine is $3000.00 which to me is "steep" however, if I traded my beloved 4800qc in it would bring it down to $2199.00 plus tax of course. I have been thinking about this for several days. Thinking a